Some of the topics covered:
· Appropriate and non-stigmatizing language
· The Continuum of Sexual Exchange (What is sex work? And how does it differ from “trafficking”?)
· Sex work history in Vancouver and Victoria
· Sex work and the law
· Male sex work community-specific needs
· Stereotypes and assumptions
· Impacts of stigma
· Best practices, allyship, and disclosures
The two-part online training will take place over Zoom from 12pm-1pm on:
March 22nd: Sex work 101 – History, the Law, and Community Needs March 29th: Impacts of Stigma and Best Practices
You do not need to attend the first workshop in order to attend the second, but we strongly recommend attending both if sex work is a new or unfamiliar topic for you. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have questions.
If you’re unable to attend HUSTLE’s workshops but want stigma reduction training for your workplace, please contact Daniel (lower mainland) or Jonathan (Vancouver Island) to book a private workshop session for your team.
Jonathan - email@example.com
Daniel - firstname.lastname@example.org